Monday, March 3, 2014

THE BIGGEST SIN!

     Do you know what the biggest sin in the world is?  Before I tell you, let me share my morning.  I woke up at three.  You know the kind of waking up where you still lay in bed but aren't sleeping.  Thoughts of what I could do in the one class I teach started popping in my head.  Have an imaginary box delivered to my room.  Dress up like a pirate!  Quit, walk out, and have the kids teach themselves!  By 3:45, I'm up (even before the dog was ready to walk!)
     So, do you know what the biggest sin in the world is? Before I tell you, let me share what I just read.  Jesus is talking about the bucket and light thing.  You don't hide the light with a bucket, or something like that.  That's what I thought about when I was awake at 3a.m.  It's been a long time since I did goofy stuff in the classroom.  Call it laziness, lack of motivation, just trying to get by, not wanting to make a fool of myself - whatever the reason, it's been a while since I've really been the person God made me to be.
     So, about that biggest sin in the world?  Are you ready for it?  Actually, I've already told you.  Whenever we don't do something God made us to do, that's it!  Whenever we have a chance to let our light shine and don't, that's it!  Whenever we settle for doing something instead of doing something great, that's it!
     I think far too often God gives us these great ideas.  But, because they seem too crazy or would take too much energy or require too much time - we don't do them.  Those great ideas could change the world, one crazy idea at a time.
     So, the next time you get a little whisper from God, just do it!  If you don't, it may just be worse than anything on the Big Ten!

No comments:

Post a Comment