Wednesday, March 26, 2014

WHAT A DIFFERENCE?

     The first time I went shopping for the Daniel Plan it took four hours.  I had to go to three stores, and it cost me over $200.  I just went shopping for the second round yesterday.  Two stores, an hour and a half, and $75.
      Yep, I had some leftover spices and nuts.  And I did shop for a fewer amount of days.  And I did pick out what I was going to eat this time from the Core Menu (did you know that they allow fruit after the detox?  I was actually excited about fruit salad!  Fruit salad?  What is wrong with me?)  But, this Daniel Plan - when you don't eat exactly what they have for every day and follow their crazy shopping list - seems doable.
       In fact, I'm kind of excited about the next ten days.  There are even deserts included - well, if you count fruit with cinnamon as a desert.  It was a little weird though.  I actually thought about how fat I was going to get if I ate whole wheat bread or why in the world I would buy chocolate chips.  21 days ago, I would have eaten a bag of chocolate chips on the way home from Aldi and ordered the bread bowl at Panera - I think I actually did that.
       There was even a point at Aldi's yesterday when I saw a good price on salmon.....AND I GOT TWO!  I knew I would use it!  How crazy is that?  (I just love the salmon and celery thing!)
       Now, to be honest, the really healthy turkey was $6.99 / pound and Carolina was $2.99 - guess which one I got!  And I didn't buy cage free eggs.  Oooooooh!  I know - bad person.  But, I am starting to tailor this Daniel Plan to a new lifestyle.
       Yes, I do look forward to tomorrow at 3am when I have to get a Slurpee to celebrate the birth of my daughter, and I can't wait until Easter.  But, after Easter I can totally see 90%, 10%.
       So, we start the next ten days of eating Core Menu.  Then, ten days of using their list of foods you should eat almost always.  Then, a day of gorging myself.  Then, dare I say it, Daniel Plan for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment