Tuesday, March 25, 2014

THREE WEE REVIEW OF THE DANIEL PLAN

     That's right, three weeks ago today, I was shoving every imaginable junk food down my throat for Fat Tuesday.  I probably ingested more calories that day than I have in the last three weeks!  Good times, Good times!
     But, that seems like a whole other life ago.  Last night, we had a fundraiser at Buffalo Wild Wings.  Don't tell anyone, but I got some wings (The cheap side of me is much stronger than the Daniel side - $10 for a salad compared to $5 for wings - you tell me what you'd order!).  But, as I went to bed, my body felt weird.  It wasn't used to all the processed food - for me to even type that is strange!  This coming from a man who lived on processed food for 42 years.
     This morning, I left for work.  Already had my lunch and snacks prepared and threw some nuts, berries and seeds in a tupperware, drank a small cup of almond milk and was on my way!
     For the most part, the dishes have been done daily and that $200 I spent on groceries actually lasted three weeks (with a ton of non-perishables left over).  But what about the important stuff?
     Am I still fat?  Well that Tuesday night I weighed in at 191.  This morning I was at 168.  It is possible that all that weight loss has affected my workouts.  I don't feel as strong when doing strength training, but I ran for 8 out of the 25 minutes on a treadmill.  For most people under 70 that's not a big deal, but for an overweight guy whose brother sat on his leg and hasn't done that in years - big deal!
     As for the most important (and some may think it's crazy to tie in a dietary plan to the following things, but that's how I think), my family life has been ok.  I still seem to not have as much energy as I'd like, get angry too often and make bad choices about a few things.  At work, kind of the same thing, but I have noticed that my work ethic has suffered a little bit.  In the community, I'm actually getting better.  I've got a better attitude towards PADs, and I even put on Christian music today.
      After three weeks, I am looking forward to the day when it's 90-10, but I can see the benefits of this healthy eating stuff.  Heck, why not do this for a lifetime?
      NOW, MY FAVORITE THINGS LIST:
1) Love the salmon and celery salad thing!
2) Chicken pesto
3) The stir fry (with or without that fake meat stuff)
4) Kale salad - yes, I said it.  Kale salad - with no olives.
5) Black bean soup
6) And I just put all the stuff from the protein shake in a bowl and ate it separately - much better!

      THINGS THAT ARE NEVER, EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER:
1) Quinoa
2) Veggie Mocktails
3) Taking all the leftovers and making soup

No comments:

Post a Comment