Wednesday, March 5, 2014

WORST LENT EVER!

     We're only 8 hours in, and this is definitely the worst Lent I've ever had....and that's saying something (I once went 40 days eating only bread and water!).  Already, at this point, I've spent two and a half hours (and a gazillion dollars; although it was fun trying to find the stuff) shopping for food.  One night I even ditched my daughter who wanted to play basketball!  Then, I was up until 10:00 making stuff for today's first three meals (yes, only three of the five that I need today.)
      I made the shake.  Our friend told me to put it in the freezer, take it out in the morning, let it thaw for a couple hours and drink it.  I took it out at 4, it's 8 - still frozen.  I'm having carrots, cucumbers, celery and jicama (which, by the way, blows!) for breakfast.
      I know what you're saying, "Isn't there supposed to be humus with those vegetables?"  Well, I made the humus last night not knowing exactly what a clove of garlic was.  I used two whole things - my wife says that is bad for you.  No humus!
     Then, I made the quinoa, which is going to take 40 days just to learn how to pronounce, and even steamed some vegetables.  In the book it says to make this dressing - with apple cider vinegar.  I don't care what you put before it - it's still vinegar!  But, I made it.  And I mixed it up with the quinoa and vegetables.  I walked by dog for a half-hour last night, and still was about to throw up when I got home just from thinking about the smell.  I was sweating in my bed just thinking about having to eat that.
      Good news, I am fat (191 last night).  And if nothing else, this food will be so terrible that I won't eat for forty days and lose a lot of weight!  And as I eat this jicama, it kind of grows on you.
      It will definitely be an interesting 40 days - oops, there's my first of many flagulations!
     

2 comments:

  1. Dude, are you losing 26 pounds in 46 days? Game on! You really make this plan sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After three hours of grocery shopping, more money spent on food this week than I have spent in the last calendar year on myself and all of the stress of trying to pronounce "quinoa", the only thing that gives me joy is knowing that even though this is probably going to turn out to be one of the worst ideas we've ever had for Lent (even worse than being Muslim for 40 days), having people like Tony and Rob to make fun of ourselves with almost makes it worth it. Day One was a fast to start it all off!

    ReplyDelete