Wednesday, March 12, 2014

175.5 - THE ONE WEEK REVIEW!

     Fraternity's should try this Daniel Plan.  Forget sleep deprivation, pushing pennies with your nose, and whatever else those crazy frat guys do - have pledges blend up some beets, celery, ginger root and spinach, and you'll find out who really wants in!
     So, it's been a week, and after a week of anything you should reflect (Unless you've done a week of a big fat nothing, then just move on)!
     And since the Daniel Plan is all about the five F's, let's use that.
     FAITH - Honestly, I have seen myself get more honest with God.  I would say there hasn't been any huge changes as this wasn't a huge focus of my Daniel Plan.  But, I have found myself praying to be able to just take one more bite or cursing the devil who made quinoa!  (Side note, I just finished my quinoa last night - don't see myself ever going back!)
     FITNESS - Workouts have been pretty much the same.  Body was really sore a couple days ago, but feels good right now.  I'm playing basketball the next two days, so we'll see if I'm the Tony Melton of old (wait, my goal was to run and jump - never was much of a jumper).
     FOCUS - This is the big one!  I do notice my brain feeling like it's on that crazy expensive gas that I never get at Speedway!  For example, we had this rock idea.  It was going to take a little time, and I'm not the greatest handyman / guy type stuff guy,  but I was all in.  Bought the rocks, thought of a great way to clean the rocks and transport them to school, even thought of a great way to be able to write on them.  Just a lot of things I normally wouldn't have come up with.  In fact, as I think about it, I had the most clear thoughts that I've had at a tech coaches meeting the other day.  Maybe Coke does interfere with the brain signals!
      FRIENDS - This has been one of the coolest things.  I've talked to a lot of people about what I'm eating (surprisingly they've never seen anyone eat this junk!), and I've made this whole new community of healthy eating people (including a life long buddy from Trader Joes).  And it's very cool to connect with other Daniel Plan folks and talk about how much we enjoy this (some, who put vegetables in their drinks while on the beach, more than others!)
       FOOD - Little change here!  Here's the math equation that doesn't add up.  We spend a lot of time preparing food.....AND IT'S HORRIBLE!  You would think that the amount of hours that goes into food prep that this stuff would actually taste good (No offense chicken pesto, you were awesome!).  So, not sure I could do this for the long term, but I have gotten into a prepare the night before, do the dishes, throw this stuff down rhythm.
        And here's the big one.  I weighed in at 191 on Fat Tuesday night.  This morning: 175.5...in a week.  A little off of my original pace, but at this rate, by Easter I'll be 100!

1 comment:

  1. I would love to review the week, but I can hardly remember what happened today. Is the reason that I had never heard of quinoa before was because it was illegal and is know only in stores because you can use it for "medicinal purposes"? I have been really hungry all week, so it didn't matter that the recipe of quinoa breakfast bake was supposed to feed four people...I ate the whole thing! And the rest of the day I walked around in a mindless stupor, like I was either sleep deprived, malnourished or completely wasted! I am even stuck right now trying to remember what I just wrote. But after a week, I am down 13 pounds and doing more pushups than I ever had, so how important is a brain anyway?

    ReplyDelete