Friday, March 21, 2014

SOME THINGS THAT BUG ME!

    I'm perfect in the pool!  Then, NC State can't make a free throw, Oklahoma can't either, Milwaukee doesn't pull off a miracle, and Texas (who I thought I picked but didn't) wins!  THAT BUGS ME!
    I'm trying to watch the games at work, and people keep calling me to do computer stuff.  THAT BUGS ME!
    Through some miracle I get all the games on the internet, but then my time runs out and I'm stuck with only CBS.  THAT BUGS ME!
     We didn't have the heat on last night, because it was so nice.  I wake up this morning - icicles hanging off my sides.  THAT BUGS ME!
     And as we're into Day 16 of this Daniel Plan. something bugs me.  Yes, I have started to enjoy the food (maybe enjoy is too strong a word, think "don't dread eating anymore").  Yes, the food prep has been tough when you actually have something to do in life, but for the most part I've relished it.  Yes, the comments about the gross stuff I'm eating and the Daniel Plan discussions have died down, but there is this whole new group of healthy friends I have.  And yes, I am down to 170 - about ten more pounds and I won't be fat!
     BUT SOMETHING STILL BUGS ME!
     I read this, this morning:
29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it.  30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them.  31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.
      IT BUGS ME!
     Why can't the poor do the Daniel Plan?  Why can't they choose from healthy or non-healthy options?  Why can't they decide if they want to drink a Veggie Mocktail or skip it for some Kale salad?
      Doesn't Jesus say here, "Don't worry about it.  God knows you need it.  These things will be given to you as well"?
      What's the deal there?  Do the people who are starting just not seek after His kingdom?  Is it possible that every person who is starving doesn't trust in God?  Why in the world are there people without food when God says "Don't worry about it"?
      You may say I'm doubting God for just writing this, and maybe I am.  But, I just don't get it.  How can you use the ravens (not the football team in Baltimore, actual birds) as an example of something that doesn't reap or sow and still God feeds them, tell people we're more important than ravens, and then have billions of starving (real starving - not like people in the U.S.) around the world?
       I don't get that, and IT BUGS ME!  Probably not as much as that NC State loss though - you're up 16!

No comments:

Post a Comment