Friday, March 7, 2014

RUMOR NOT TRUE - DOGS WILL EAT THIS

     Today, some of my veggie omelet (sounds good right?  Not when you take all the junk that didn't "juice" and pour it in - beets, ginger root, spinach, yuck!) fell to the floor.  Freddie, my dog, was in the kitchen as he always is when we are making food.  It was the moment of truth.  Would Freddie, who loves all food besides these dog treats we once bought, actually eat the Daniel Plan junk?
      He did it!  So, just when you think this stuff is worse than dog food - you're wrong!
      Two big breakthroughs today: 1) For the first time, I actually ate more of something than I was supposed to!  I may have sneaked a few more than 25 of those cinnamon almonds into my mouth.  Tasty!  And they smelled so good last night.
       #2 is #2!  I have been a little worried!  Haven't dropped the boys off at the pool since we started this thing.  I won't go too much into it, but that is taken care of.
       Obviously, those were both big moments in my life; however this morning was an even bigger one.  This Daniel Plan is driving us crazy.  Last night, I had to run out to Ultra Foods to find nitrate free turkey - even the deli lady didn't know what that was, but got a great deal on the best turkey you can buy!  I come home and chop up a few vegetables for a Beef Stew.  Then, I start doing the dishes - there are a ton of dishes when you're cooking all the time!  My wife says she will do them while I walk the dog.
       Again, it's a ten o'clock bedtime (that's two hours past my normal).  We get up, walk the dog, go to cut the meat.  Have you ever cut up chuck roast?  I think it would be easier to just take it off the cow (and that cow was definitely not on the Daniel Plan - lot of fat!).  So, we're using knives, scissors, swords, the chain saw and my daughter wakes up.  She has to go to basketball early!  We forgot!
        Now it's make the stew, cook an omelet, get my nuts ready (almonds, that is!), and pack up some romaine, turkey and frozen berries for my food - while getting daughter to school and making it to Madison on time to show a video!
       If not the food, making it, may just kill us all.  But, I am down ten pounds on the scale (that put's me at -10 by the time we're done with this!) and the math class I teach was telling me about the healthy food they brought for lunch today - so there is some definite good coming out of it!

1 comment:

  1. Day Three: If I had another day like yesterday I am probably in the hospital. I told Tony I would follow the plan, so I would eat what is on the menu no matter what, but it probably cuts into our deductible. Then something amazing happened. I found something edible on the Daniel Plan. To be honest, when I made my veggie omelet, it was light on the veggies and heavy on the omelet! Then I had some almonds...and they were good. In fact, four out of the five meals may have been edible! Maybe this thing will give me more energy...and I'll need it to spend half my life doing dishes to make all this happen!

    ReplyDelete