Thursday, March 13, 2014

BUBBLE WATCH!

      It's that time of the year, where experts like Joe Lunardi tell us which teams are in the NCAA Tourney and which teams are out.  Every morning on SportsCenter, you hear about which teams punched their ticket, and last week Harvard became the FIRST TEAM IN.
       Well, in honor of Joe, I'm doing the Daniel Plan Bubble Watch.  And the FIRST TEAM OUT is......the VEGGIE MOCKTAIL!  Never again will that recipe touch my lips.  At 6:35 this morning I gulped down my last swig (before I dumped the rest) and swore to never go back.  Just the fact that anyone would be allowed to publish that recipe in a book that people might actually read and try should be punishable by law.  I've got a bad taste in my mouth just writing about it.
       And just so you know, QUINOA is on the bubble list right now too!  As soon as I finish this breakfast casserole, they may also be booted from the "Field of 64" (sorry, I'm a traditionalist, 68 sounds weird!)
        Next on SportsCenter....
        It's Uh-Oh Time!  The whole reason I started this Daniel Plan was to get my body healthier so I could play basketball.  My thought process was I would give up the enjoyment of food if I could gain the enjoyment of playing sports again - my true love.
        So, every time I walk on the basketball court it's a Daniel Plan Report Card.  Yesterday, they did not Meet!  My legs felt just as bad as when I'd have a 44 ouncer and 2 Toranados for breakfast (oh, does that sound good right now!  Wait!  Focus!).  I've even noticed that my energy level at workouts has been not so stellar.  But, for now, I'm blaming the Veggie Mocktail, and we'll see what happens in 40 more days.
        I did just realize that I've lost 16 pounds in the first 8 days and have 40 left to get down to what I think would be a good weight for me - 160 (that's another 15 pounds).  Easy, right?
       After drinking a total of four Veggie Mocktails in an eight day span, I fell like anything is possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment