Friday, March 14, 2014

I AM FAT AND NOBODY LIKES ME!

       There's been a lot of great lines since we've started this Daniel Plan, but Rob Brost went to the top of the leader board with that one.  "I am fat and nobody likes me!"  I was at a PTA meeting when I read that and laughed out loud (then laughed even harder at his texts later that evening - sorry, not appropriate for a family blog).
        So, it's been ten days, and I could say that I'm still on the FAT AND NOBODY LIKES ME plan.  I'm still about 13.5 (roughly) pounds away from where I probably should be.  And, as I was reading Rick Warren this morning, I'm not to the point where I'd rather have a  plate of vegetables than a hamburger, but........
        We had a grueling basketball practice yesterday!  I ran the girls through our summer basketball workout.  It's basically 40 minutes of movement!  Felt great!  I even did 2 defensive shuffles and 3 suicides afterwards - and fast (I only lost to one girl!).  That was my whole goal, to be able to play sports again, and yesterday I felt like I may be on track!  And then.....
         I ate something that actually looked like normal food this morning!  Eggs, like yellow eggs.  Not some crazy green or red (I'm noticing the color of food really does matter - drinks should not be green unless they start with M and end with Dew!).  And, today I will put another thing on the "NEVER AGAIN" list - quinoa.  At roughly 12:25 it will touch my mouth for the last time!
        I was thinking this morning, "Could I really eat like this forever?"  Forever is a long time, but I've done it for ten days - what's 12,000 more?  (About 40 more years of life times 300).  And can you imagine how skinny I'd be by then?
        Now, getting someone to like me - that's going to take a miracle!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe this isn't the healthiest way to eat, but I have got to the point where I really have to judge if what I am going to eat is worth doing the dishes for. Sorry Thai-Inspired Stir Fry, you're not worth even the "stick the dishes in the dishwasher" effort. And take me to confession if you have to, but I bought humus...didn't even use the recipe. So when I was supposed to make some dip for veggies, I just ripped the lid off the Aldi-bought humus...and it was so good. Sure, skipping meals out of sure laziness will get you to eat about 6 bowls of black bean soup in a day, but if it ain't broke...

    ReplyDelete