Sunday, March 9, 2014

I'M TIRED!

      I had a hard time getting out of my seat at an incredible junior play last night!  I couldn't go five minutes without wanting to sit down while playing Xbox.  I just couldn't walk Freddie last night when we got home.
      I THOUGHT I WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE MORE ENERGY!
     I'm guessing that a man who could drink multiple 44 ouncers for the good part of the last 3,560 days of their life will take a little while for the healthy food to take effect.  But, if I eat all the junk that's in my fridge right now, spend zillions of dollars on groceries, and take hours of my life to prepare food, and do that for forty days......AND HAVE LESS ENERGY, there's going to be a knock on Daniel's door!
      On the positive side, I think my brother and I shared edamame and salmon yesterday for the first time in our lives.  And this Daniel Plan does give you something to talk about in almost any situation.  Healthy and unhealthy people love to talk about quinoa!
       And although I'm starting to look at those Coca-Colas like Marty looked at steaks in Madagascar, I might be getting used to this life style.  Yesterday, I poured out a Coke.  Sure, it had been sitting in my car for a week, but last Tuesday I would have drank that up.
       Jim asked me yesterday, "What's been your favorite?"
       TONY'S TOP FIVE AFTER FOUR DAYS:
       1) Cinnamon covered almonds
      2) Beef Stew
      3) Tempeh Stir-fry
      4) Vegetables with hummus
      5) Crunchy chickpeas
      OK, gotta go get my quinoa oatmeal off the stove.  Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Day Four: Tony skipped Saturday in his blog, but I won't hold that against him. Losing 12 pounds in four days has to have a negative effect on your brain. Let's go through my calendar for the day. Wake up early and eat leftover beef stew (the highlight of the day...so glad I didn't by edemae). Go to church for some meetings. Come home and spend the next FOUR AND A HALF HOURS in a four foot square radius in my kitchen cooking and doing dishes...all to eat some grilled salmon with green stuff on top of it! So I am about to beat my four children and start using my all too infrequent swear language, when I decide that I am going to get my run in for the day...and it was as good as I've felt in a while going for a run. Now I have a dilemma. What if this Daniel Plan really works and I have to eat like this for more than 10 days????

    ReplyDelete