Thursday, January 5, 2012

WHO'S BETTER - ME OR TONY DUNGEE?

Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need.  - Matthew 6:33

     I'm taking the Tony Dungee Challenge - are you?  Tony (not me, Dungee) wrote a book that challenges you to spend a little time with God every day.  By "spending time with God" he means reading what he wrote about a Bible verse.  So, I figured I'd do the same thing.  I'd write about the same Bible verse, and then, if you're doing the challenge too, you can vote who's is better (ok, it doesn't really matter who's is better, it just helps me to cement this verse into my heart).
     This morning, I was supposed to get up at 5:30.  I laid in be until about 5:45, but in that time I got a great idea about how to do a Science Experiment today.  Little thing?  Maybe not?  See, I've been doing a lot of "going to bed with a headphone in my ear" lately.  How can you not?  With the Bears firing Jerry Angelo and the Cubs trading Carlos Zambrano, I have to be caught up on all the latest news - even if it comes while I'm sleeping. 
      However, that doesn't leave a lot of time for quiet in my life.  This morning at 5:30 I finally had quiet......and little things about my day started to come into focus.  Maybe that works everyday!  Maybe that quiet gives God time to speak!  Maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment