Monday, January 16, 2012

ONE THING I'D LIKE TO PASS ON...

You must give an account on judgment day for every idle word you speak.  The words you say will either acquit you or condemn you. - Matthew 12:36-37

     I was thinking the other day, "What do I really want to pass on to my daughters?  What are the things I really want them to learn and apply to their lives?"  I don't know why I was thinking that.  Oh, yes I do - the movie "Courageous" - GO SEE IT!
     Anyway, one of the things I came up with is for them to be women of their word.  If they say something you can count on them to do it.  If they tell you something you know it's going to happen.  When they talk, the words they choose will be thought out, and they won't say things without thinking of the impact.
     I'll be honest, it was a very short list of things I came up with, but this was one of them.  It's important to me.  It's important to God.  And hopefully it will be important to my daughters someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment