Thursday, January 12, 2012

WHO ARE YOU - REALLY?

Anyone who listens to the word but does ot do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.  - James 1:23-24

     Do you know who you are?  Not what people say about you, not what people think about you - but who are you?  What do YOU like?  What are YOU good at?  What do YOU dislike?  What are YOU not good at?  Do you know?  Do you have a good handle on the truth?
     One of the best compliments I ever got was, "What you see is what you get."  (Thanks Fr. Ron).  And I think I've always (well, post high-school) had a pretty good handle on who I was and who I was not.   After high-school, I was pretty good at knowing what I should be doing and what I shouldn't.  I was pretty confident in just being myself.  After high school, I had a pretty good sense of "this is who I am - take it or leave it!"
     Know what happened after high school?  I really started to get into the God thing.  See, I don't think you can really know who you are without a little help from the Savior.  He's like the mirror - giving an accurate reflection of yourself. In fact, I don't think you can really know who you are unless you read the Bible and figure out who God says you are (He did create you after all).
     One of the most draining and frustrating activities is trying to be someone you are not - stop draining yourself.  Think about who you are, just be that person and then go watch TIM TEBOW (he will also show you the truth!)
     

No comments:

Post a Comment