Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 DON'T THINK OF OURSELVE!

     First, I kow selve is spelled wrong, but it looks more like twelve.
     Second, I have to give credit to my sister Cammy.  She came up with it.

     We were all sitting around at 11:50 talking about our New Years Resolutions.  I had not firmly established mine up until that point, but then I came up with a brilliant idea - NO RESOLUTIONS!  None!  Not one!  Nothing I'm going to work on!  Nothing I'm going to try and improve!  Nothing for me to focus on!
     Let me give you a little background.  Last New Years we sat around a table, passed around the Cokta, and made resolutions.  I had 8 of them - all of which I intended to keep.  On January 30, I was looking at that bottle and I realized that I had only done one of them, and that one I had to cram in December to accomplish! 
     I also realized that all these goals that I set just make me focus on myself more.  It's one more thing I have to do, one more thing to concentrate on ME. 
    So, no more!  When I look back on 2012 there will be no guilt, no disappointment and hopefully, a whole lot more focusing on others.
    Now, I will still go to Ethiopia.  I will still take Tony Dungy's challenge to spend time every day with God.  I will still do the Healthy Eating Challenge with my class and I will join Jeff Wayne in listening to my wife.  But, those aren't my goals. 
     My goal in 2012 is to think less of myself.  But it's not a goal, it's not a resolution.  That would ruin my whole plan!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment