Friday, January 13, 2012

I WAS ANGRY THIS MORNING!

Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed. - Proverbs 16:3

     I was angry this morning.  I pulled into McDonalds to do a little stuff before work while enjoying a nice, healthy McDonalds breakfast.  But, I forgot my wallet at home.  That followed a night when I went to the library to check out Pro Football Weekly but forgot my wallet, and then when I went in there couldn't find the magazine and needed help.  That followed us not being able to find our iPod.  It was like everything I had planned didn't work.
     I'll be honest.  I was really looking forward to hanging out at McDonalds.  I love getting a drink, firing up the laptop and going to "work."  I was really excited about Pro Football Weekly too.  I asked the library to subscribe to that about 6 months ago - and they did.  When I heard they had it, I couldn't wait to check it out.  And the reason the iPod is such a big deal is because that's what I listen to every morning at the gym and now with the snow - is there anything better than shoveling while catching up on football news?
     See, everything I wanted to happen, didn't.  And then Tony Dungee reminded me that we don't commit the Lord to our actions, we commit our actions to the Lord.  It's not our plan that will guarantee success, it's Gods.  Instead of making out plans and then getting angry when everything doesn't work out, it might be better to figure out God's plans and then do those.  
     I'm not as angry anymore, but man a sausage biscuit would have tasted good!

No comments:

Post a Comment