Saturday, January 21, 2012

I REALLY BELIEVE, DESPITE MY LACK OF PARENTING SKILLS, MY DAUGHTERS WILL TURN OUT ALRIGHT!

We live by believing and not by seeing - 2 Corinthians 5:7


     I just had a friend ask for any tips on "not having a job for a while" and dealing with the financial stress.  I just talked to a kid about forgiving someone who had something mean to them.  I just went sledding when I had a whole bunch of work to do.  I just finished volunteering at the homeless shelter, where there are people who have been living on the streets for five years.  I wake up most mornings thinking that I'm a pretty special person that can do incredible things.
     I try to live by faith and not by sight.
     Most days, I don't worry about sickness or what might happen to my body.  Most days I don't think about how others perceive me.  Most days I don't really think about what I'm going to do for a job or what the future holds.  And most days I don't think about money or how we're going to take care of the things we need.
     I try to live by faith and not by sight.
     I really believe, despite my lack of parenting skills, my daughters are going to turn out alright.  I really believe that what I'm doing in my classroom will make these students better people.  I really believe that people are more important than money, time, stuff.  I really believe that Jesus was right when he said _________________.  I really believe God wants what's best for me.
     I try to live by faith and not by sight.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment