Sunday, January 29, 2012

I DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO GOD! I WANT GOD TO LISTEN TO ME!

If you think you are standing strong, be careful not to fall.  The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience.  And God is faithful.  He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand.  When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure. - 1 Corinthians 10:12-13


     I don't want to blog about this today.  I want to talk about why my basketball team gets blown out every time we play.  I want to ask, "What am I doing wrong?"  This Bible verse is just words on a paper because it doesn't apply to my life right now....at least I don't think it does.
      Maybe that's my problem.  I'm realizing that too often I talk to God about what I want to.  I ask Him for answers to my questions.  I let my life drive the ship.
      Instead, maybe I should take it from a different perspective.  Instead of thinking about how this verse relates to what is going on in my life, I could ask what God is trying to teach me.  Instead of asking God to work in my situation, I could think about His situation and think about where I fit in.  Instead of looking for answers to my questions, I could ask God the question, "What is important to you?"  
      Too often I turn this relationship with God into a quest to "Make My Life Better."   Crazy thing is that my life would actually be better if I didn't focus on it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment