Tuesday, January 31, 2012

THERE'S NO TONY IN TEAM!

Just as our bodies have many parts and each part has a special function, so it is with Christ's body.  We are many parts of one body, and we all belong to each other. - Romans 12:4-5

     Do you think God was serious when He came up with this "many parts of one body" stuff?  I mean the whole trinity thing, the whole "where two or more are gathered", the whole community of believers - is that for real?
     I think it is!
     Don't get me wrong.  I wish God would have said stuff like, "When you are at work, just focus on what you need to get done.  There's no time to talk with coworkers."  I'm good at that.
     I wish he would have said, "Don't waste your time picking up phone calls or responding to friends.  There is enough to do during the day without interuptions."  Good at that one too.
      Why didn't he just put a, "You have everything you need for this world - you don't need other people" quote in the Bible?  I'd be all over that!
      But, instead God keeps telling us (me) that other people are important, community is important, relationships get more "done."  Really, it's too bad; because life the other way is sooooo much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment