Wednesday, April 2, 2014

I ATE THE FRIES!

      We were at the Rock and Roll McDonalds downtown.  It was my first time there.  I was caught up in the moment (and we had just spent $30 on what would have cost us $20 in Lombard), SO I ATE THEM.  The kids were through, there were fries left over.  I ATE THEM.  And I ate half a cheeseburger too.  And I drank some of Grace's fruit punch (while we were at the Anti-Cruelty Society - which by the way, everyone should adopt a dog!  Now!  Go do it!).
       One of the hardest things about this Daniel Plan is seeing good food get thrown away.  This past week, we had five sandwiches left over from the homeless shelter.  Ham and Cheese, PB and J - good sandwiches.  After a couple days in the fridge, my wife asked what to do with them.
       "Throw them away!"  I said with a pain in my stomach similar to the one that Anthony Rizzo put there on Opening Day.
       Again, after Easter, I won't do that.  I won't throw stuff away just because it's on the plan.  I know that is not a recipe for success, but it just kills me.  And, after my fries, cheeseburger and fruit punch extravaganza, still weighed in at 167 this morning.  Still down 24 pounds.  Still looking good in the mirror at the gym - that's right, I was checking my own self out!  (And today was really the first day I thought, "Man, I am getting skinny!")
        Now, I'm going to Wisconsin for a couple days.  Do I bring my own food?  Eat what they give me?  Just go crazy since it's Spring Break.  What I have found in the last couple times I got off for a meal or two.  It doesn't really hurt if you just jump right back on.
        So, I ate those fries, and might even drink a Coke today.  But, as they say on the basketball court, "Next Play."  What I do next is the big thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment