Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I'VE GOT TO GET OVER THIS!

     Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment.  Hernia!  Ouch!  I had to take a little time off of school and in the miracle of miracles, it was like fifteen minutes.  In and out of a doctor's office.  Seriously!  15 minutes.
     So, I had a little free time.  On my way home, I saw the Wrigley Field of McDonalds, the Cowboy Stadium of McDonalds, the DisneyWorld of McDonalds - the Oakbrook two-story McDonalds - ahhhhhhhh!    Needing some gift cards for our Homeless Shelter NCAA Tourney pool, I had to stop in.
     And I was like American tourist in a foreign land.  I bypassed the lady who said, "Can I help you?" and walked right upstairs.  I took a personally guided tour.  Then, I ordered my gift cards.  That's it.  Just gift cards.
     No Coke!  No McChicken! No fries! No ice cream cone!  Just gift cards!
    Pretty good huh!  That was the perfect set-up for eating some junk food.  Free time, had to go to McDonalds anyway.  But Daniel would be proud - I resisted the urge!  So, win right?
    The only problem is, I was mad at Daniel!  I feel like I was cheated.  Of all the things I like to do in life (and it's a short list), eating out at a restaurant with free-refills is high on the list; especially when it's a once a year time off of work.  Heck, I got a hernia - that's reason for celebration!
     It seems like more and more there are times when I want to eat junk, but I don't.  Maybe that will change when I go 90-10 after Easter, or maybe I'm going to have to get over the "Eating at McDonalds will totally make this day better" attitude.
      It really does ruin the rest of my day.  I know I'm a middle schooler, but as I'm sitting here now I'm thinking, "Man, I should have had a Coke, read my book!"
     Of all the things that this Daniel Plan has made me think about, the psychology of food is definitely the most interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment