Friday, April 25, 2014

LOSING WEIGHT.....GAINING KIDS!

        So, for the last 40 day stretch I was focused on healthy eating.....and how horrible it was!  I blogged about the nasty stuff that was going into my mouth and what crazy concoctions this guy named Daniel made up.  But, it worked.  I lost a lot of weight and I found out that eating healthy wasn't all that bad!
         DID IT MATTER?  NO!  In no way did my heathy eating make any difference in the world.  When I die no one will care if I had a veggie cocktail for breakfast one day or will they even know that for one small moment in time I shopped at Trader Joe's and bought quinoa.
         So, now I want to do a forty day stretch of something that actually matters.  Think about it - how much of the stuff that you do during the day will outlast you?  After you die, how much of the stuff you do will have paid dividends?  How much of the things on our ToDo list have eternal implications?
          If you're a parent - there's one!  I'm lucky enough to work in a school - there's two!  But, a lot of the stuff I do would be on the, "IT DON'T MATTER!" list.
        Crazy thing is, that you would think the stuff that would go on the "IT DO MATTER" (I know that's bad grammar, but I'm trying to stay consistent) list would be hard.  It would take a lot of time or require a lot of sacrifice or come at great cost to the DO MATTER person.
       But, the one I'm thinking of doesn't.  It's a couple clicks, a little cash each month, maybe a letter to two every thirty days - that's it!
       And when I asked my brother what's the best way to solve world poverty, he said, "Do this?"
       Want to find out what this is - click here: www.compassion.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment