Thursday, April 3, 2014

GREEK YOGURT IS PASTE!

     Remember when you were in first grade and you'd take out the Elmer's paste?  That stuff would stick to the stick (ironic!) for hours.  You'd be trying to spread it on the turkey you just made with your hand, and there'd be like one huge clump.  That clump could hold a house together.  It was the stickiest substance known to man.
      Greek yogurt is paste!  If left in a bowl, I'm pretty sure the protective surface that would form could protect us from nuclear war.
      Makes a great breakfast though!  Add some raisins, some oats and a few nuts - yummmmmmy!
     That was just something I noticed this morning, but the real point of this story is to talk about how this Daniel Plan may have ruined Easter!  Yesterday, I drove one of the greatest high school basketball coaches to the airport.  Then, I went to meet another guy at the United Center for the McDonalds All-American game.  I left at 2:45 and wasn't going to be home until like 11.  Sure, I could have brought some carrots along or maybe packed some pine nuts.
      But, it was the McDonalds All-American game!  I would be spitting in Ronald's face if I didn't grab a McChicken (or two, with fries and a Coke).  So, I ate that.  And then, the aforementioned coach, paid me for driving him with 2 liters of Coke.  I poured one of those into my cup from McDonalds (no free refills) for the drive. 
        That is the most junk I've had in one sitting since I've started the Daniel Plan......AND IT WASN'T GOOD.  The first sandwich, yes!  The fries, yes!  The first Coke, yes!  But, as I gulped down the second Coke, I thought, "This is not good!"  And as I sat down in my chair, I thought, "This is not good." 
        My body felt strange and the nightmare hit me - Easter is ruined!  Easter was going to be Speedway for breakfast, all the candy I could shove down for brunch.   Pizza for lunch, and then the most Coke a human could drink at our family Easter party.
        Not only do I not think I could do that, I don't want to do that.  I may be at the point where a little junk = good.  Lot of junk = recipe for disaster.
         I'm not complaining.  I think this bolds well for the future.  90-10 works a lot better if the 10 isn't filled with more calories than Jabba the Hut would injest!  So, my Easter plans are busted, but the Daniel Plan has Greek Yogurted my life all together (see how I brought it all full circle?).

No comments:

Post a Comment