Friday, November 4, 2011

YOU CAN TELL YOU'RE GOOD WITH GOD...WHEN YOU POST SOMETHING ON FACEBOOK!

     "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you will try to enter and not be able to." - Luke 13:24

     Last night, while being a part of an on-line church service, I realized I had not written about my daughters in a couple months.  For as long as Grace and Sofia have been alive, I've been writing a book about what they do every day...or every other day....or every other month when I forget.  But, I just checked, and I haven't written anything since July.  That's when I realized something had to change.
     Sure, this job takes up a lot of time and mental energy, but we all have jobs.  Sure, it doesn't seem like there are enough hours in the day to do everything I need to, but we all are faced with the business of life.  Sure, all I want to do when I come home is sleep, but there is no one who gets enough sleep.  What I came to realize last night is that there are things that shouldn't be compromised - your family, your relationship with God, your fantasy football team (hey, I'm 5-3 and in the playoff hunt!)
     Now, do I think writing about my daughters makes me a great dad or typing out these goofy blogs makes me a better follower of Jesus?  Kind of, because it starts off my day with the right frame of mind, and more importantly connects me with my buddy who I've kind of been forgetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment