Monday, November 14, 2011

THERE IS A HELL!

And besides, there is a great chasm separating us.  No ne can cross over to you from here, and no none can cross over to us from there. - Luke 16:26

     Yesterday, we ditched church.  Does it really matter?  I went downstairs to watch a little football.  When my daughter called for help on a project, I continued watching football.  Does it really matter?  I rushed my girls to bed (partly because they needed sleep, partly because I wanted to go to Speedway for a 44 ouncer).  Does it really matter?  I just spent a whole Sunday trying to figure out how I was going to watch more football.  Does it really matter?  I stayed up late watching football even though I had to get up early for school the next day?  Does it really matter?
     Sometimes I forget that we are eternal!  Sometimes I forget that the decisions we make, the actions we choose have eternal significance - not only for us, but for those around us.  When we see good that we could do and don't do it - that matters!  When we see someone in need and don't help - that matters!  When we have the chance to put others in front of ourselves and don't - it  matters.
      This was a good reminder!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment