Tuesday, November 22, 2011

REGRETS, I HAVE A FEW!

So, don't you think God will surely give justice to his chosen people who cry out to him day and night? - Luke 18:7

     Let me preface what I am about to write by saying this - I am a child!  My thoughts are selfish and downright immature!  Any normal person who thought the way I do would be, well, not normal!  And in no way should any man, woman or child look at me and follow my thoughts, actions or life in general!
     Saying that......
     On Sunday morning I needed a kicker for my fantasy football team.  I did not want to drop my other kicker because he was the #1 kicker in fantasy.  Hey, wake up!  The tale gets better.  I also did not want to drop any of my other players because I thought they might have great futures (like Damian Williams who caught one ball for 16 yards).  Still awake?  So, I DROPPED KEVIN SMITH.
      I've always loved Kevin Smith.  I don't know why, just have.  And when the Lions put him on their roster I snatched him up in a second.  In fact, on Thursday of last week I said, "There is no way I am dropping Kevin Smith!"  But then, I hit that dreaded button, the button that has no remorse, and I dropped him for Rob Bironas.
      Kevin Smith went on to have over 200 yards and 3 touchdowns!  And now he's gone.  There's no getting him back.
      Ever since then, there's this pain in my stomach.  Even in my greatest times, I go back to that decision and think, "What if?"  It haunts me like buying a bad car or choosing a bad college major.
     So, I am praying day and night that somehow Kevin Smith ends up back on my team, and I'm gonna see if maybe I bug God enough He'll make it happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment