Thursday, November 17, 2011

SHOULD WE FORGIVE EVERYONE?

If another believer sins, rebuke that person; then if there is repentance forgive." - Luke 17:3

     Everyone knows the Bible verse - Even if a person wrongs you seven times a day and each time turns again and asks forgiveness, you must forgive.  Seven times seventy!  But, do you know the verse that is right before it?  (It's written in red, right above this paragraph - why else would I write it up there?)
     Did you notice the word believer?  In fact, as I was typing, I noticed another word - and each time turns (ok, that's four words).  It seems like there are some stipulations to forgiveness.
     I've always believed the forgiveness was more for the person who forgives than the person who is forgiven.  It's cleanses us, it gives us freedom.  And so, we should forgive everyone.  Now I'm not so sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment