Monday, November 7, 2011

PARK IN THE LAST SPOT

When you are invited to a wedding feast, don't sit in the seat of honor.  What if someone who i more distinguished than you has also been invited?  The host will come and say, "Give this person your seat."....Instead, take the lowest place at the foot of the table.  Then when your host sees you, he will come and say, "Friend, we have a better place for you!" - Luke 14:8-10

     My old principal, Bill Able, used to always park in the parking spot farhtest from the door so that everyone else could have the closer spots. I took about two years off, but started doing it again at school.  What a great way to start my day, reminding myself, that my job is to put others in front of myself. 
     Later on, Jesus goes on to say that our reward will come in heaven.  It's not our job to make our life easier now.  It's our job to try and make other's lives easier.
     So, go find that last spot - in the parking lot, in the home, at your job....wherever!

No comments:

Post a Comment