Saturday, November 5, 2011

JESUS "FAILED" TOO!

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones God's messengers!  How often I hae wanted to gather your children together as a hen protects her chicks beneath her wings, but you wouldn't let me." - Luke 13:14

         I have a conversation in the mailroom yesterday where I might have done a little TMI.  Another teacher asked me if I was overwhelmed with grading and report cards. 
        "Report cards?.......No!  Overwhelmed?.....Yes!" 
        She asked me a little more about that, and I said, "Well, I just feel like when these kids don't succeed it's my fault." 
        That's a little deeper than mailroom conversations usually go.  But, I said it and I honestly feel that way.  I am the teacher and it's my job to turn these fifth graders into better people than when they came into my room.
        In fact, yesterday I was thinking about that comment and had a couple thoughts go into my mind.  One, I gotta loosen up a bit.  There is no way I can positively affect every kid.  Two, I've gotta do better.  There must be a way to motivate these children.
       It comforted me to see that Jesus had the same type of thoughts.  He didn't affect everyone in a positive way.  A ton of his "students" didn't become better people.  A ton of his "students" weren't motivated.  That didn't mean He stopped trying or through in the towel.  But, He also didn't think of it as His fault.  Jesus handled "failure" perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment