Wednesday, May 11, 2011

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE BOOK IN THE BIBLE?

Therefore, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, it seemed good also to me to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theopphilus, so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught. - Luke 1:3-4

     Is it dumb to have a favorite book in the Bible?  I mean really, isn't everything in it God's word?  How can you say that you like one part of God's word more than another part?  It's like saying I have a favorite person or a favorite tree or a favorite animal.  Well, I guess it is ok to have a favorite book, and that's good because I've got one!
      This book has more people in it than any other.  You really get to see Jesus interact with a variety of folks, and more than any other, I think it brings out His heart for the "least of these!"  This book is longer than any other.  You hear some parables you won't find anywhere else and see some details that you won't find in the other gospels.  This book, to me, is all about people.  It's all about how Jesus treated people and how we should treat people too!
       The book?  Well, before I say, let me just encourage you to read it - a little at a time each day.  For the last sixteen days, we focused on looking at Jesus with a wide-angle lens, but today I'd like to propose we zoom in a little and notice how Jesus treats people.  Maybe it would inspire us to treat people in a little different way or encourage us as to how we already treat folks.  Whatever, just read it!
        OK, the book is.......................well, before I tell you.  Just kidding - I was doing the American Idol thing.  The book is Luke.  You probably could have figured that out by reading the Bible verse, but it is Luke.  Hope you get a chance to check it out.
     And hey, what's your favorite book of the Bible?

No comments:

Post a Comment