Monday, May 30, 2011

RULE #13: KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN!

One day as Jesus was standing by the Lake of Gennesaret, witht eh people crowding around him and listening to the word of God, he saw at the water's edge two boats, left there by the fishermen, who were washing their nets. - Luke 5:1-2
READ LUKE 5:1-11 TODAY

     I wonder if Jesus knew that Peter would go on to lead His church.  I wonder if Jesus even knew before he picked out that boat that Jesus would be a disciple.  I wonder if Jesus was just looking for a way to get out of the crowd, or the whole time he had bigger things in mind.
     The cool thing is, for whatever the reason, while He was teaching the crowd - HE NOTICED THE BOATS!  Does that amaze anyone else?  I know when I'm teaching or speaking to a large crowd, I'm focused.  I'm thinking about what I'm going to say and what is coming next.  But, Jesus, notices the boats. 
     And those boats go on to carry some of his first disciples. 
     It's weird - I wonder how many times we miss little things that God could use to radically change people's lives.  Imagine if Jesus would not have noticed those boats.  Think Peter's life would have been a little different?
     Today, I'm going to make it a priority to notice my surroundings and think about what that might tell me about the people I'm with.  Who knows, maybe I'll get my first disciples.

No comments:

Post a Comment