Tuesday, May 31, 2011

RULE #14 - Be willing!

"I am willing," he said, "Be clean!" - Luke 5:13
READ LUKE 5:12-16 TODAY

     There was a man who not only had leprosy - he was COVERED with leprosy.  I'm not sure what that even means, but it can't be a good thing.  I picture a guy who looked pretty disgusting, probably felt pretty disgusting, and was told he was disgusting for a very long time.  From what I know about leprosy back in the day, this man's life was probably about as fun as Master Shifu's when he finds out Po is the Dragon Warrior (you gotta see Kung Fu Panda 2!)
      But, then he sees Jesus and says, "If you are willing you can make me clean."  Now, it would have been a pretty jerk move for Jesus to say, "No, I'm not willing!"  I think we all would have been a little surprised if Jesus would have said, "Well, actually, I'm kind of busy right now.  I could make you clean, but I'd rather you suffer."  
     However, don't we do that some times.  Someone asks us to do something (even something a little easier than healing leprosy) and we are not willing.  Someone needs our help, but we don't respond with a quick, "I am willing."  
     Jesus was always willing.  Part of the reason Jesus was so cool to people was that he was always willing to help.  If we're going to treat people the way He did, that's another great start!  

No comments:

Post a Comment