Friday, May 6, 2011

THE MAYANS ARE WRONG!

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." - Mark 13:32

     You might want to hold off on blowing your college savings for that trip to the Caman islands!  You may not want to sell off the house and car and kids just yet.  That Red Robin coupon, which expires in 2013, may still be usefull.
      The Mayans are wrong!  And so are the Incas, the Cherokee, the Sioux, the Wampanoag - and anyone else who predicts the end of the world.  (By the way, I don't even know if the Mayans are an Indian tribe, but they sure do sound like one don't they?)  Jesus said that NO ONE knows the day or hour - whoa, He didn't say NO ONE knows the year!  But, I think His point was clear, keep on living life; because you don't know when this world is coming to an end.
     Look, I'm a Cubs fan.  I would love for the world to end!  It would put me out of a lot of pain and misery.  But, I don't think it's happening anytime too soon.  And I'm surely not going to do anything differently by 2012.  That's the scary part - there are actually people who believe this.  There are people who are making life changes based on the fact that the worlld is going to end.
      We've been studying Jesus a long time.  You can trust Him.  He has never let us down.  Not one of His predictions has gone astray.  Not one of His teachings hasn't worked.  Not one of His actions proved unfruitful.  I think we can trust Him on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment