Thursday, December 1, 2011

WHAT IF YOU KNEW YOUR FUTURE?

He will be handed over to the Romans, and He will be mocked, treated shamefully, and spit upon.  They will flog Him with a whip and kill Him, but on the third dayHe will rise again. - Luke 18:32-33

      Would you really want to know your future?  Would you really want to know what is going to happen to you - the good and the bad? 
     I am not sure I would.  As I was reading this today, it struck me that Jesus had to live every day in light of the fact that at some point He was going to be brutally beaten.  That had to make it a little tough to have some PMA at the start of every day!
     I kind of like the fact that I don't know.  I kind of like waking up each morning with the rest of the day being an adventure.  I really like thinking about what I'll be doing ten years from now....and having no clue.
     Jesus didn't have that.  He was forced to wake up every day knowing the He was going to the cross.  I wonder if He would have rather not.

No comments:

Post a Comment