Sunday, December 18, 2011

THESE THINGS ALWAYS GET ME EXCITED!

Luke 22:1-24:1

     Do you have something that you always get excited about?  I do!  These are no fail, no doubt about it, no matter the day or time - I wake up looking forward to these things:


1) Football on Sundays
2) Reading about football on Sundays.
3) Having time to just be by myself.
4) Enjoying that free time at McDonalds with my laptop.
5) Enjoying a frosty Coca-Cola; especially if it's at McDonalds during that free time!
6) Having enough time at the gym where I don't have to rush.


     Again, if I wake up and one of those things is going to happen, I am ready to go.  I wake up with a good feeling in my belly.  In fact, I look forward to it for some days in advance.
     But, what happens when these things don't do it anymore?  What if I'm dropping off my kids with our friends, going to the gym, having free time at McDonalds, reading about football on a Fantasy Football Sunday.....AND I'M STILL NOT EXCITED!  What if the things that excite you all the time don't?  All the things that usually put you in a good mood aren't working.
     That's where I was at today.  So, I still went to McDonalds, ordered a pop, brought my laptop.  But instead of reading Matthew Berry's "Love / Hate" column (a fantasy football article), I popped in my headphones, turned on some Christmas music and read about the Jesus dying on the cross.  As I type this, I feel a lot better, and I may even be a bit more excited about those other things too!


P.S. I know the things that excite me are immature and silly - don't judge me!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment