Thursday, December 15, 2011

OOOOOH, I DON'T WANT TO READ THAT!

The Last Supper - Luke 22:7-30

     That was the title of the section I was "supposed" to read today.  This year, I've been going through the Gospels, and today, a week and a half before Christmas, The Last Supper comes up.  My initial thought is, "I don't want to read about that!  It's Christmas, I want to read about something happy.  Give me a Jesus healing the blind guy or how we are more important than the flowers."  But, there it was.  So, I read it.
     And you know what?  I realized that's the cool thing about Christmas.  God came to be a man - knowing that The Last Supper was at the end of Luke.  God came to be a man - knowing the end of the story.  Kind of like our own lives- the joy of the beginning is mixed with the sorrow of the end, but they all matter.  They all make a life!  Read on!

No comments:

Post a Comment