Tuesday, February 25, 2014

TOP TEN TIPS FOR A BETTER MARRIAGE

      My sister has this speaker that she loves!  Every time I talk to her she's like, "Shauna is so awesome! I love when she's at Willow Creek!  Every message she does inspires me.  I want to be like Shauna!  Shauna! Shauna! Shauna!"
       So, I decided to listen to her message on marriage, and WA-LA the TOP TEN TIPS FOR A BETTER MARRIAGE were born!
10) BE A PERSON OF FORGIVENESS - Forgive first, judge later.....way later (like after you're dead)
9) BUILD UP OTHER MARRIAGES - Whenever you talk to a member of the opposite sex ask yourself, "How can I build up their marriage?"
8) TAKE CARE OF YOUR EMOTIONAL HEALTH - There's a reason you are a two before you can become one.  If you are not emotionally healthy going into marriage or every day of marriage, the marriage is not going to "fix" you.
7) GET COUNSELING - Now, I'm too cheap to get real counseling, but getting together with other people who want to improve their marriages to talk about how to make those improvements - golden!
6) SPEND TIME WITH YOUR SPOUSE - Without kids, talk, ask tough questions, talk about stuff besides kids.
5) ASK GOD FOR HELP - She didn't actually say this, but I think it's a good idea!

    Whoops, I guess there were only five.  I always like when they say a meeting is going to last 4 hours and it takes 3, or when you get out early from work.  So, reading five when you're anticipating 10 - bonus!  I better stop now or else I ruin the positive mojo from the 10 to 5 thing, and really I think we've got enough to think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment