Thursday, February 20, 2014

TECH COACH OF MEN

     I'm sitting in my office trying to figure out how we're going to incorporated iPads into the classroom.  Jesus walks in and says, "Try a check-out system.  That way more students can benefit and it gives teachers more freedom."
     I try it - the teachers love it.  Student's test scores go up.  The district applauds my work as a tech coach, and parents are constantly complimenting the incredible idea.
     Jesus comes back two days later and I'm blown away.
     "Did you see that?  It was incredible!  I am not worthy!  You are not only the Savior of the world, but an awful good tech coach!"
     Jesus isn't even smiling.  He looks at me dead in the eye and says, "I am going to make you a tech coach of men!"
     I WONDER IF THE SUCCESS JESUS GIVES US AT WORK IS JUST A PRECURSOR OF BECOMING A SUCCESSFUL DISCIPLE!  
     I wonder if anytime we get a great idea, something we do works out, we come up with a strategy that helps not only the company but people - I wonder if that's always Jesus saying, "You think that is something, I'm making you a _________________ of men."
     Honestly, the first thing that hit me when I read that was - who cares if I figure out the totality of Google Drive?  Who cares if I am the supreme knowledge on iPads?  Who cares if I can maneuver my way through Skyward?  My job is to be a fisher (a.k.a. "tech coach") of men.
     I've struggled many times this year because I don't know as much as the other tech coaches, and there have been times when I don't see a lot of technological fruit from my labor.  I'm not sure what this job is and I don't quite know if I'm doing it well.
     But, what I think God has been teaching me is this - this isn't my main job.  He's the boss of my main job.  And if I'm going to determine if I'm successful or not, that's the one I should focus on.

No comments:

Post a Comment