Thursday, February 13, 2014

ANOTHER DECISION

     One unanticipated aspect of my new job as Tech Coach has been putting in positions where people actually want to know my opinion on stuff.  As a teacher, people pretty much tell you what to do - every decision you make is behind closed doors (and usually that door is to your classroom and you're the only one who knows about it).  However, these days more and more people are coming up to me and asking about instruction, achievement and the use of technology.
     I'm actually having to form opinions and share them.
     Just now, the head of Math and Science approached me about a computer program we're using and  how we should implement it going forward.  I said a few things, but when I left I thought to myself, "Was that really what I believe?"
     I read two different passages of Scripture this morning.  The first was about the husband treating his wife as the weaker partner.  I'm not going there, but there was definitely a sense of the husband being willing to make tough decisions.
     The second passage talked about Jesus and how everyone was amazed when he taught.  Power and authority were the words they used.  Jesus didn't really care what people thought and how he was perceived.  His main concerns were teaching people about the Kingdom of God - and He just said what God was telling Him too, no matter what.
      All of us are leaders of something.  We all are asked our opinions on anything from Michael Sam to how we should raise our children.  I think what I learned from Jesus today was to...
1) Talk to God before I open my cake hole!
2) Be strong in my opinions - trusting they are from the cake hole maker!
3) Realize that God may have bigger plans for me than I even have.  Maybe I've got it in me to make these kind of decisions.
      To all of us who don't consider ourselves great decision makers - watch out!  God make think otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment