Friday, February 21, 2014

MAN, JESUS KNOWS HIS STUFF!

     Do you know when I'm the most down, the most-likely to do something that Tony Melton should never do, the most likely to boost my spirits with a little Coca-Cola?  It's when I think about how cool other people are!
      Sometimes I just wish I could be as cool as them.  I wish I could talk like them or be as good with people as them or come up with creative ideas like them or be as strong in my opinions as them.  I just wish I was cooler like that.
       OR DO I?
22 Blessed are you when people hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.
       I just read the Beatitudes - you know the part in the Bible where Jesus takes everything you think you know about the world and turns it upside down?  Food, money, popularity - all great things in the good old U.S. of A.  But, Jesus says REJOICE if you don't have them.  In fact, it almost seems to me like He is saying, if you follow me you are not going to have any of those things (that may be the way you know if you are truly following Him)
       I'll be honest, when I read that (as I was eating a plate full of snacks) it just struck me - how do people live their lives without tapping into the Jesus knowledge?  I don't read the Bible often enough, but when I do it just seems to put my head back on (that doesn't make any sense), it get's me back on track.
      I'm just thankful Jesus came down here to share this stuff with us.  Who would have thought - cool ain't all that important!

No comments:

Post a Comment