Thursday, February 6, 2014

BUZZKILL......BUZZBIRTH!

     I get all excited.  I'm reading my favorite part of the Bible - the part where it says wives have to have "relations" with their husbands.  HAVE TO!  I'm about to write all about how I'm sending this to my wife and all wives everywhere, how Paul was a genius to get this in the Holy Scriptures, and how anyone who doesn't follow this is obviously a non-believer and is going to rot in a fiery pit of fire.
     But then my Bible reading plan makes me read on.
    Paul starts to talk about being content with where you are at in life and staying where God has called you.  He starts talking about how things in this life don't really matter - even up to being a slave because really we are all free in Christ but a slave to Christ.  He starts to really get into some deep stuff.
     I just wanted to talk about "getting sideways." (Let's see how many things I can put in quotes that actually mean "sex").  So, I'm a little bummed out.
    But then it hits me.  We can just be content with where we are at.  We can just stay where God has called us.  This life is just this life - God has something even better for us, even while our feet are still planted on this soil.
     The way I look at life is all wrong, or at least not right!  Yes, we have this physical being that has physical things it has to do in this world.  BUT THAT IS NOT WHO WE ARE!  Our reality, our person is a spiritual being created by God and living in God's kingdom.  That means our perspective on everything changes.
      It gave me a lot of hope and made me feel like I was living more in the truth.  I guess that's better than "the nasty!"

No comments:

Post a Comment