Tuesday, July 19, 2011

YOU CAN'T DO IT!

That is why I did not even consider myself worthy to come to you.  But say the word, and my servant will be healed.  For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me.  I tell this one, "Go" and he goes; and that one, "Come" and he comes.  I say to my servant, "Do this," and he does it.  - Luke 7:8
READ LUKE 8:1-10 TODAY

    "You can do it!"
     The great American classic, Waterboy, turned that phrase into a way of life for many people in the U.S. (and heck probably around the world!).  Every kid from the age of 10-24 could be heard resounding the words, "You can do it!"
     Problem is YOU CAN'T!  Problem is, if you're gonna treat people the way Jesus would, YOU CAN'T DO IT!  I CAN'T DO IT!  I've realized that.  I'm too much into myself.  I'm too angry.  I'm too focused on what I want to do.  To treat people the way I want to be treated - CAN'T DO IT!
     But, Jesus can!  That's what this dude realized.  Jesus could do what he couldn't.  In fact, Jesus could do anything he needed!
     Got a relationship that needs fixing - HE CAN DO IT!  Got some junk inside that needs healing - HE CAN DO IT!  Got some issues that need dealing with - HE CAN DO IT! 
     WE CAN'T DO IT, BUT HE CAN!
    Have a Great America day!

No comments:

Post a Comment