Tuesday, July 5, 2011

PEOPLE FIRST!

The Son of Man is Lord of the Sabath. - Luke 6:5
READ LUKE 6:1-11 TODAY

     Today, Jesus reminds us that people are more important than rules.  Folks are hungry - give them some food.  You can help a sick man - do it!  Sounds pretty simple right?  People are what matter!  Easy one, click the red X, done for the day!
     Hold on a second!  It's your daughter's birthday and you've used all your sick days, what do you do?  There's a big event at school, but your work is having a huge deal with some bigwig clients, what do you do?  It's 9 a.m., time for church, and you see a single mom on the side of the road having car trouble, what do you do?  Your daily schedule says "Get up and exercise" but when you get up your daughter is already awake, what do you do?  You have had this conert planned for months and then you get a phone call from your friend about a break-up, what do you do?  Even better, your family is hungry and you have no money.  You are walking around Jewel and see an opportunity to put some food in a bag and keep walking, what do you do?
     I think it's not so easy!  In life, living people first can be a challenge.  There are a lot of rules - some written, some unwritten, that make us do stuff that we normally wouldn't even consider.  I think I speak for everyone when I say, if we were really going to put people in front of everything else, we'd have a lot of tough decisions to make.

Peace Out!

1 comment:

  1. Are the PADS people giving you a hard time again? Following the rules... bollocks to that, I say. I've broken the rules myself on occasion. And, I'd do it again. ("I don't know how he got there; when I came on shift there were only 56 people and they all had pads.")

    ReplyDelete