Friday, July 1, 2011

IT'S SUMMER, GIVE ME A BREAK!

"When Jesus saw their faith he said, "Friend, your sins are forgiven." - Luke 5:20
READ LUKE 5:17-26 TODAY!

    OK, so it's been a little while since I've written - I'm sure you've done all right without me!  And hey, who's got time for Bible reading when you're getting a job, going to Puerto Rico and climbing up 40 foot towers with your daughter?  (Actually, let me just publicly thank God - this has been an incredible month!)
     But, I do want to get back - back to hanging out with the One who has an awesome plan and back to figuring out how to live out this Life to the Full that Jesus promised with You!  I was reminded these last four days of how crucial it is to spend time with God, and I was also reminded how crucial it is to do that with a bunch of people you respect and trust and admire - like You!
     So, today I noticed a verse.  I've noticed it before - actually someone else noticed it and I stole their idea.  But, they'll never read this blog so it's ok.  Did you notice that this dude was saved by Jesus......because of their faith!  If you read the story, it's about the guys who drop their buddy through a roof so Jesus can heal him.  The guy is just lying on a mat - it doesn't even say he wanted to see Jesus, knew who Jesus was, thought Jesus could save him.
     Do you know anyone like that?  I wonder if our faith could heal those people!  I wonder if just by asking God, other people could be saved from whatever it is that they need saving from!  I wonder if just by asking God, He would forgive their sins.  I wonder if our connection with the Father has life-changing perks attached to it.
     Let's try this!  Think of someone who doesn't really know Jesus, maybe doesn't even want His help, would never think of asking Jesus to do anything.  You ask Jesus for them.  For one week, I want you to step in and ask Jesus to do something for this person.  Let's see what happens!
     Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment