Friday, July 15, 2011

DO IT!

Why do you call me, "Lord, Lord" and do not do what I say? - Luke 6:46
READ LUKE 6:46-49

      We have a thing called the Koinonia House that we've been partnering with.  It's a place where ex-prisoners go to rebuild their life.  A huge part of the program is a church that comes alongside the guy, mentors him, and welcomes him into their church family.  It's a pretty big commitment; especially for the people who work hands on with the guy.  Well, I was in charge of finding people to do that.....and I failed.  No one, not a one came through.  Then I read this and thought, "Yeah, you tell them Jesus!  Do what Jesus said!" 
       Then, I thought about what I wrote in my journal this morning and read yesterday.  I've got this job situation where if I don't get my certificate renewed - no new job!  So, I was calling all over the place yesterday trying to remember things I'd done five years ago to be a better teacher.  Long story short, this morning I was praying, "Lord, Lord" work this out!" 
       As I began to type this I think that same Lord reminded me that this message could be for me.  Yesterday, we talked about looking at yourself before seeing the speck in another's eye.  Today, I wonder if maybe, just maybe I should look at my role in the Koinonia House thing.  Maybe I should think about if I'm doing what Jesus says before I beg the Lord to help me out.  Maybe I should think, "Is my foundation on sand or a rock!"
       Then, I'll go yell at those other people for not signing up!
       Boooooyahhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment