Thursday, July 14, 2011

BE A GOOD LEADER!

Can a blind man lead a blind man? - Luke 6:39
READ LUKE 6:39-45

     I'm a husband, a father, a new 5th Grade Teacher, a teacher at church and the Assistant to the Vice President of the PTA (just throught that one in there to impress you!).  I "lead" a lot of people.....or do I?  Can a blind man lead a blind man?
     When I look at my own life, I see some stuff that is blind man like.  I'm a judger - I admit it!  I shy away from confrontation, I don't intentionally look to form relationships, I get angry quickly.  There's a lot of stuff I do that I wouldn't want my wife, my kids, my students, other PTA members (just impressing you again!) to do!  Can a blind man lead a blind man?
      I bet a lot of us are in the same boat.  We're a lot more blind man than seeing man!  So, do we stop trying to lead people?  Do we stop trying to "bear good fruit" as it says in Luke 6:43?
     No, Jesus's message today is not to shame us for being blind, it's to enlighten us to the truth that we have stuff to work on.....and so does everybody else.  We're all in the same boat here! 
     A good leader recognizes that before he / she tries to change anyone.  A good leader looks at how they can improve themselves before they try to improve others.  A good leader isn't blind to the truth!
     Can a blind man lead a blind man?  No!  So, open your eyes!
     Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment