Friday, January 20, 2017

WANT TO HAVE A BETTER LIFE? GIVE!

     Everyone is a slave to something, right?  We all have something that has control over us.  I like to say, for me, it's Coke (not like the drug, the fountain beverage!). Could I do without it?  Definitely.......Probably.......Maybe.......It's Possible........OK, I'm 45 fat and still drinking Coke.  For some, it's work.  Some, it's a TV show.  Some, it's another person.  Some, it's alcohol or drugs.  Now, some of these things aren't bad in and of themselves, but I'm guessing that anytime something has control over us it's not a good thing.
     What about money?  That one controls some people.  Again, money is not a bad thing - it really comes in handy down here.  But, every time we give some of it away, we show that it doesn't control us.  And that feels kind of good.
     We've all done it.  Bought someone dinner.  Paid for their groceries.  Got them a pop at Speedway.  It's feels great, right!   And I've got a crazy theory - the more we do it, the better our lives get.
      So, you want to have a better life?  Show money who's boss and give it away!

No comments:

Post a Comment