Monday, January 16, 2017

WANT A BETTER LIFE? TRUST

    We were riding in the car two days ago after an awesome day of really cheap movies, food that is horrible for you and time to hang out with friends (or at the library, if only your daughter has friends).  The topic of school came up, and eventually it got to worrying about grades or something like that. I said, "I wish I could teach people how NOT to worry."
    When it comes to worrying, the bus driver from Billy Madison sums up my thoughts, "OK, I didn't, but a friend of mine.."  I know a lot of people who worry.  And I get it?  Money, jobs, kids - this world is a crazy place.  If you listen to the news or start basing your life on other people's Facebook feeds, worrying seems like a pretty easy thing to do.
    And if you only looked at this world, how things are, I could accept worrying as the only "smart" answer.  However, there's something inside of me that says there is more.  There's something inside of me that says we don't need to worry about money, we don't need to worry about our kids, we don't need to worry about what is going to happen in the world.  There's something that tells me that Someone has our back.
      We may not all believe in that someone, but if you give me the choice.  Go through this life trusting that I am going to do all the right things vs. Go through this life trusting that there is a God -  who created the whole deal, created me and wants what best for me - to do the right things.  I'll go for B.
     If there is another way, I'd love to know it; because I really do wish I could teach people not to worry.  But, for right now, I guess I'm just going to have to go for, Want a better life? Trust God.

No comments:

Post a Comment