Monday, May 22, 2017

James 4:13-17

What is it You'd like me to do today?
    I don't really ask that question anymore because I'm afraid.  I used to ask it and then get deathly anxious about what You might ask me to do - so I think I just let it fade from my mind.  Blocked it out.  Kind of like when you keep on eating junk food.  I know the effects it has on my body, but I just ignore them - pretend like they are not there.
    I think that has to drive You even more crazy than when I'd ask and then get totally freaked out when something crazy would pop into my head.  At least I was saying No.  Now, I'm not even asking. Apathy - that's the word.  Not caring!  That's a pretty good way to describe my life for the last, heck, maybe year.  But, NO MORE!
     What do You want me to do today?  I know that everything I try to do (oh no, here comes a cliche) on my own - that's no good!  When cool things were happening was when I would trust You, ask You, respond to You.  Wasn't there a way to set an alarm to remind me?  Maybe I should do that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment