Friday, May 12, 2017

James 2:1-13

     What would I do if I knew that Javy Baez, Jimmy Butler, Nana Akenton, Chris the actor, Adam Sandler and a whole bunch of famous people were going to be at the homeless shelter on Tuesday?  It would be a big deal!  I probably wouldn't change to be honest with you, but there would be a different vibe because something unique was happening.  We don't get a chance to hang out with those types of people that often.
    I think about the times that I've been in the presence of "famous" people.  Jeff Joniak, Hub Arkush, the Bears news people, Larry Brown, Tony LaRussa, - to be honest, not that big a deal (except Hub Arkush, just really like that guy!).  I do think that I'm more excited when I see one of my homeless buddies at the library or meeting the kids at the Compassion Center.  That's not as big a problem for me.
    But, my favortism comes in with the pretty people.  At work, I do find myself looking forward to talking to the pretty people more than the - ok, is that really true.  Maybe it's not.  Maybe I'm starting to get a more realistic view of life.  Maybe, just maybe, I do pretty good here.  Sure, there are some people I like more than others, but I think I most often treat everyone the same.
    God, let's improve on that strength.  And, I would love for Grace to dominate that AP test, or at least score pretty well so that she can have no pressure on any future AP test or feel like she has to do more (or be made to feel like she has to do more.)  Also, help Sof's disappointment lead to better things.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment