Friday, May 19, 2017

James 3:13-18

Asking for stuff that you think would make you happy - WHOOPS!  I can specifically remember times in the last couple of months that I've said, "If I just had this...." or "If this just happened...."  like God doesn't know what is best for me, like God isn't looking out for my best interests.  I think He even gave me a few just to show me, "Oh, life is still pretty much the same."
     To be honest, as I look back at where I've been for a while now, it's a pretty dark place.  It's a place of seeking after what is best for me.  I've got a pretty good history of doing that, but I took it to a different level during the very recent past.  I started to do things I knew God wouldn't approve of, justifying them along the way, and I can see now what it was doing to my soul.
     It feels like I'm on the way back - like God and I are getting back on the same page.  And I'm glad for both times.  I can't remember a time when I've been so anti-God or would consider myself an enemy of God, but these last couple of months - maybe?  The good thing about that is I feel (and I hate to use the word "broken") broken, more sure than ever that I need You and that You really do have what is best for me.
      Pop, that's a good question!

No comments:

Post a Comment